We see digital marketing every time we open our electronic devices, such as phones, laptops, tablets, etc. It’s on our social media, Google and other search engines, homepages, and even our personal email accounts. There is no shortage of digital marketing, which makes it hard for your website or advertisements to stand out. Have you noticed that bright colors, such as yellow, blue, and green, are more attractive than dull colors? There is a color strategy behind digital and web marketing. Bianca Frank Anchorage Web Design accepts the undeniable influence of colors on the progress of your business. Our experts are well aware of color strategies and we implement these strategies frequently. In this article, you will read about how the use of color will make all the difference in the traffic you drive towards your websites and business.
“The fact that the colors in the flower have evolved to attract insects to pollinate it is interesting; that means insects can see the colors. That adds a question: does this aesthetic sense we have also exist in lower forms of life?” – Richard P. Feynman
Why Is Color Choice So Important?
You are encouraged to brainstorm ideas that will help your audience remember your brand so that your brands stand out in your niche. Color choice helps identify your website marketing strategy. For example, now, when someone sees the colors yellow and red together they may think of McDonald’s, and now they want to go get a McDouble with a McFlurry. Yummy! The orange Fanta logo will make you crave orange-flavored soda.
So that’s how the color choice helps drive new clientele and keeps the interest of return customers.
Studies show that when buying a product:
- 1% of people decide to buy or not to buy based on smell or sound
- 3% of people decide to buy or not to buy based on texture
- 93% of people decide to buy or not to buy based on the visual appearance of the product
Here are some more statistics about how the color of marketing can affect a company:
- 84% of buyers claim color is the primary drawcard
- 52% of customers will not return to a store if they do not like the aesthetic
Those are some pretty big numbers! Color can drastically change how people view your brand. You should select the colors that best associate with your brand. The ideal color choice will not be exactly the same for all potential customers, but the color that resonates with the vast majority is what matters.
Not everyone can favor the same colors and that is what makes us all unique.
It is up to you to be able to customize and market your brand toward people who are interested in the same things as you!
Colors In Marketing That We See Every Day
What is the first brand you think about when you think of the colors pink and orange together?
For most people that would be Dunkin Donuts. The famous donut brand was able to associate those two colors with their marketing logo.
Here is a list of some leading brands that we connect with the colors that represent their logos:
- Green- Starbucks, Lacoste, John Deer, Holiday Inn, tic tac
- Blue- Facebook, Twitter, Gap, Reebok
- Orange- Fanta, MasterCard, Nickelodeon,
- Red- Lego, Coca Cola, Nintendo, chick-fil-A, McDonald’s
- Pink- Victoria’s Secret, Barbie, Cosmopolitan
- Purple- Yahoo, Hallmark, Zoopla
Psychological Impact Of Colors
Everyone has their preferences regarding the colors they like and dislike. Research has shown that in general, we as human beings respond to most colors a certain way. Some colors result in more positive reactions while others have a more negative. Here is a list of how we may tend to perceive certain colors. Please also note that different cultures may perceive colors in a different light so it is also important to consider cultural factors.:
- Green: Growth, environment, sanctuary, positivity, envy
- Blue: Control, rescue, goals, determination, self-sufficient
- Orange: Warmth, optimism, freedom, motivation
- Red: Active, power, ambition, bold, energy, leader, passion
- Pink: Love, feminine, nurture, sensitive
- Purple: Deep, creative, wealthy, respectable, stimulation
In general, bright colors convey happiness and energy. Whereas, darker colors, such as black and grey can send a more serious, gothic, saddening, and depressing signal.
- Red is the color of power and best grabs people’s attention, which is why it is the most popular color choice for digital marketing!
- Blue gives you a very trustworthy vibe that attracts people.
- Pink is best for young and feminine marketing.
- Yellow, orange, and other similar bright and attractive colors radiate positive feelings.
- Purple is the color of royalty, which adds elegance to your marketing campaigns.
- Black is associated with power, authority, and strength, but can be overwhelming if used excessively.
- Grey tends to give feelings of old age and practicality but too much grey gives off feelings of nothingness and depression.
- White is associated with feelings of purity, cleanliness, and safety.
Experts at Bianca Frank Anchorage Web Design consider it best to use contrasting colors to reduce eye-straining. We understand the known psychological effects of color and thus will utilize color strategies to attract customers towards your brand. Here are some examples of different color schemes:
- Monochromatic: When we use one single color with different shades in an advertisement, it is known as Monochromatic. This strategy is commonly used in web marketing, as it has a smooth effect on the eyes. If you want to give a minimalistic look to your brand’s logo or products, then this may be a more suitable technique for you.
Read about: 4 Key Elements of a Good Logo Design
- Complementary: When two opposite colors are used in a color scheme, then this is known as Complementary. This is also a popular strategy for online marketing or print media. You can select from a wide range of colors for your products, while using a complementary color scheme.
- Triple color scheme: The triple color method utilizes three colors from the color spectrum. This color scheme is popular in web designing because of its harmonious effects. This scheme will convey a bold effect on your product and engage more customers.
“In an atmosphere of uniform density the most distant things seen through it, such as the mountains, in consequence of the great quantity of atmosphere which is between your eye and them, will appear blue. Therefore you should make the building… the wall which is more distant less defined and bluer… five times as far away, make five times as blue.” – Leonardo da Vinci
Increased Brand Recognition with Digital Marketing
Color increases the recognition of a brand. Statistics indicate that 80% of everyday people believe that color increases brand recognition. This is great for short-term and long-term reasons. The short-term benefit is attention-grabbing from the colors in your brand. The long-term benefits are that you’re building a relationship with the customer by making them familiar with the brand and color.
Color Choice and Effective Marketing
So, as we discussed, the color choice is an important part of marketing. As a well-known web design company, we consider color scheming as the defining factor of making our website marketing effective for your business.
We are not sure about your choices and preferences but we strong believe that integrating the smart colors into your website marketing will definitely make a difference in engaging customers, and thereby drive more sales.
Furthermore, researches show that color advertisements are read 43% more often than identical advertisements without colors.
So, in the end, it all boils down to the following:
- Smart color choices are essential to attract customers’ attention to your marketing offers
- Psychology of color must be understood before using any color scheme for your business or products
- More than 70% of customers identify brands because of their colors
- More than 90% of customers prefer purchasing a product based on the first impression of the color
- The color selection will directly influence the purchasing patterns of your audience
So, selecting appropriate colors should be the main concern for each business before starting their marketing campaigns. Ultimately, you are recommended to choose a web design company that will understand and incorporate these color schemes into your website marketing and help your business improve.