When we talk about identity, we think about the characteristics that make us the unique individuals we are. Our identity can include our personality, our sense of humor, how we think and behave, how we present ourselves, and any other badges we choose to display. Identity of a brand is no different, however, a brand identity presents a company, product line, or a business. Brand identity is its expression to the world. So, how can a brand accomplish this?
Bianca Frank Design has provided Brand Identity Design services to Alaska since 2005. Our company is the preferred branding agency for various industries including healthcare, medical, business, financial, wholesale, retail, trades, creative, and non-profit services.
We believe that brand identity is significant in terms of business growth. Our designers deliver custom brand designs to attain maximum impact and productivity for your business. We create unique and memorable brand designs. Visit our Instagram portfolio here.
Importance of Brand Identity Design
For a marketing campaign, brand identity design is a key component. Your business’s success in a competitive market depends largely on an effective and well-planned brand strategy. For this reason, we recommend to select a trusted design agency that takes the time to observe and understand your business requirements.
We will professionally build your brand’s to help you increase your profit, lead generation, and customers’ engagement. With our years of experience, we understand how and why customers are attracted to quality designs.
How Brand Identity Design Works
Brand identity design is accomplished by generating an organized message that connects company signage, standards, uniforms, business cards, shopping bags, menus, vehicle signs, and more. The subsequent message undoubtedly transfers your company’s exclusive value to your potential consumer. If prepared appropriately, your brand identity design should relate to your audience and provide you a competitive edge.
Elements of Brand Identity Design
All businesses have brands, good or bad. For example, Apple’s brand design is a crunch into an apple, and Nike’s is a check mark. People remember a business for the brand design and the integrated message the design delivers.
When considering brand design, there are three elements to master:
- Brand Culture & Values: Consider who your brand serves, why it exists, and what services it provides. It is important for your brand design to embody your brand culture and values.
- Market Position: Consider your market position. Consider your customers’ perspectives, needs, desires, and lifestyles.
- Graphical Components (including Logo): The most noticeable part of brand identity design is the palpable design itself. Graphical components may include logos, mascots, colors, fonts, boxes, stickers, uniforms, signage, mailers, letterhead, and everything related to graphics.
We consider each of these three components and transfer them into a eye-catching and heart-warming pictorial message that represents your brand persona. So consider allowing us to help you allure your target audience.
5 Steps of Creating Brand Identity Design
Bianca Frank Design uses five steps while creating your brand identity design. The purpose of sharing our strategy is to provide you with clarity and an understanding about our designing process. As a design company, we understand the influence of aesthetic and have experience in determining an effective brand’s identity.
- Define Your Target Audience
The first and foremost step is to define your target audience. This step will define the remaining steps of the brand identity design process. We help you create a clear picture about your target customers. Allow us to help you understand the psychographics and demographics of the target market.
- Identify The Demographics Of Target Market
Demographics may include the gender, age, location and educational level of your audience. We gather this information before designing your brand identity. We usually ask the following questions to obtain answers:
- What is the gender of your audience?
- What will be the age group?
- What is the life status of your audience?
- What is the occupation detail of your audience?
- What is their location?
There can be many questions depending on the services or products you provide.
- Determine The Psychographics Of Your Audience
Attitudes and aspirations are known as psychographics. Although, demographics may provide you the objective data of your target audience, the psychographics dig into the lifestyles, choices, thinking, belief system, aspiration, and pain points.
A few psychographic questions may include:
- What are the activities of your target audience?
- What are their pain points?
- What are the values of your audience?
These questions are important because they are directly related to the heart of your products and services. If there is a link, then you will have sales.
- Simplify Your Value Proposition
At this step, we explain exactly what your business and brand is selling, and how it claims to be different from other services and products in the market. This is just like a one or two-sentence statement to represent your product or service.
Example 1: Sambi Designs sells shoes.
Example 2: Sambi Designs sells comfortable and trendy shoe people who are into strength training.
Which value proposition are you more interested in? You may surely prefer the second example. This is how we explain a clear statement for each of your products.
- Select Your Brand Colors
In the initial steps, we positioned the necessary groundwork for the graphics. Knowing your target audience and defining the value proposition will help in defining its visuals. In this step, we focus on selecting brand colors, such as:
- Main brand color
- Secondary brand color
- Neutral base color
The outcome is to obtain three hex codes for your brand that represent your brand value to customers. To select colors, you must understand the psychology of color and how colors affect the brain. Here are common feelings or emotions associated with colors:
- Green: Nature, health, jealousy, growth
- Red: Love, danger, passion, and urgency
- Black: Secrecy, luxury, and concealment
- White: Simplicity, purity, transparency, and openness
- Blue: Trust, peace, and security
- Yellow: Hunger, happiness, optimism, and warmth
- Purple: Wisdom, beauty, and royalty
- Orange: Caution, excitement, and confidence
- Pink: Feminine, softness, tenderness, and romantic
After explaining the color psychology, we help you select the colors that are best for your brand, such as:
- Main brand color: This is the color that your customers will associate with your business.
- Secondary brand color: Brands, like Google, usually use more than one color. We recommend contrasting colors for your brand identity design so that there will be no clash to the main color.
- Neutral base color: We prefer white as the safest choice for the base color.
Bianca Frank Design is skilled at color selection because of our awareness of color preference and perceptions. We also understand how the selected colors will look when incorporated into your business logo and other graphics.
6. Design Your Logo
At this point, we will help you create a professional yet attractive logo for your brand which will represent your business value, target audience, and selected colors. We feel this is the most important step that requires the most effort because your logo will be the most recognizable and memorable feature of your brand identity design.
- Select Fonts
We focus on selecting an appropriate font type and size for your brand identity design to help best present your brand’s statement. We help you choose three fonts sizes and types, such as logo font for your logo design, secondary font for signage text or business cards, and the copy font for your website, letters, memos, menu, presentations, etc.
Brand identity design is your valuable investment of money and time in your business. Brand identity design may feel confusing for any entrepreneur or business owner who does not have design experience. Bianca Frank Design is noteworthy for the top-quality design work, responsiveness, and cost-effective that is perfect for small businesses.